Comic Relief brought to you by Brenda Barton, LD6 Republican Candidate for AZ House
LD6 Brenda Barton decided it was time for some comic relief during this crazy campaign season.
Ms. Barton writes:
"Thank you for everything you do! Your support and encouragement is what picks me up on those days I'd rather run screaming from my office! So, here's a recent list reportedly compiled by a popular TV host for the Top Ten Reasons some people vote Democrat, and I confess we didn't verify the author -- we just found it fun and wanted to share. And please keep in mind, I'm only sending this in the spirit of humor. I hope it gives you a chuckle. Well... here they are":
10. I vote Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry as I please; so I’ve decided to marry my first cousin.
9. I vote Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon at 15% isn’t.
8. I vote Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.
7. I vote Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.
6. I vote Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.
5. I vote Democrat because I'm not in the least concerned about the millions of innocent migratory birds and wild raptors being clubbed by windmills or incinerated in flight by vast solar arrays so long as we protect all obscure and little known fish and keep them comfy (in spite of never having actually seen one).
4. I vote Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away Social Security from those who paid into it.
3. I vote Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrat Party sees fit.
2. I vote Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.
1. The Number One reason I vote Democrat is because I think it's better to pay $billions for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish here in America. But it’s OK to not care about the bugs, gophers, or fish or other wildlife in China, India or Africa as long as it doesn't interfere with Free Trade.
Please click HERE to Donate to Ms. Barton's Campaign for Reelection!